Ben's clients value that he is bright, incisive and determined. He is a high-level thinker with an analytical mind that enjoys getting immersed in the detail.
He recognises that disputes are as different as the people involved and the solutions to these can be just as varied.
Ben completed a Bachelor of Science and a Masters in Commercial Law, graduating with honours. He has been practicing law since 2003, and today specialises in employment law and civil litigation, acting for both commercial organisations and individuals.
On the inside, he is the firm’s go-to for complex challenges and helping people with people problems.
On the outside, he enjoys family, friends, surfing, and mucking about with yachts.
- Acted for a developer in a multi-million dollar construction contract dispute brought against its civil engineer which included appearing in arbitration, the High Court, and Court of Appeal with proceedings ultimately being settled.
- Defended judicial review and injunction proceedings on behalf of a developer in respect of its 40 lot subdivision – this case was settled without the need for Court intervention.
- Advised on a number of residential tenancy disputes, including appeals to the High Court.
- Acted for a vendor in a high profile and successful complaint against well known Real Estate Agents in the Real Estate Agents Disciplinary Tribunal.
- Successfully defended a $10 million intentional tort damages claim with successful appeal to the Court of Appeal.
- Acted for a range of body corporates on a number of contentious and non-contentious matters.
- Acted for the Club Physical franchisor in obtaining an interim injunction against a former franchisee, Jolt Fitness, which is now a leading case on franchise restraints of trade.
- Successful High Court appeal of Family Protection claim with significant increase to client from 14% to 40% of a multi million dollar estate.
- Successfully applied for and defended a range of personal grievance claims on behalf of both employers and employees.